Friday, January 28, 2011

Glasses.

Hi all.


So my vision has been getting blurry earlier and earlier in the day, as the years have gone by. I attribute most of it to staring at really superbright LCD screens all day every day. They used to get blurry at around 4pm, and then 3... and then 2, and now it's down to like 11-12am. Not good! I was just guessing it's eye strain and fatigue, so I checked into some LCD glasses. But Rosemary helped and schedule me an appointment with an eye doctor.

So I went. And they told me I have a small astigmatism... argh. Frustrating, because I feel like my eyesight is perfect in the morning. But she had me try on some glasses, and... I could see perfectly, without straining or squinting. So I guess she knows what she's talking about. She told me my eyes were probably focusing harder and harder to counter the astigmatism, and they get tired as the day progresses, and have trouble keeping focus. So I should wear the glasses all day. I'm sort of expecting to only wear them when I'm at my desk, to be honest. I'm hoping that relieves enough eye strain so that my vision remains clear for the rest of the day.

Anyways. That's my glasses post.

I get them tomorrow.

No comments: