Monday, May 17, 2010

Well, looking for another job has taken a couple of big leaps in the last week or so.  My last post, on the 6th, I say that the position I was interested in opened up, after I had several informal interviews with that team already.  The team seemed like a decent fit after the informal interviews, and I saw the formal position open up in the internal careers website (I just decided to look for it on a whim and bam there it was).

Well, I shot the hiring manager an e-mail, and he immediately responded, and told me that he was planning on contacting me that day anyway, and that yes I should immediately formally apply for the position.  So I did.  I also answered several questions and provided my years past reviews to him so he can see my performance history at MS.

I was contacted last Friday about setting up a formal interview- that means that they are seriously considering my candidacy for this position, and I'm one giant step closer to getting it.  I'm not sure how many other people have made it to the interview stage, but I know lots of people are out of work and trying to get ops jobs at MS, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are several.  I'm hoping the fact that I've been growing a relationship with them for the past month or so helps.  I also have a friend that is in that group already, so I'm hoping that helps as well.  I can keep adding up things I think will help me get this job, but to be honest, it all comes down to the interviews.  If God wants me to have this job, then I'll have it, and if not, then I won't.  But, the interviews are TOMORROW.  I'm very, very nervous, and excited.  I boosted my gamerscore over the weekend to over 10,000, and I'm hoping I can interview well.  I've been told several times that I interview very well, and I scored extremely high in interview training both at Microsoft and OSC, so I really hope that my interview skills shine through here.  It's a battery of 5 or 6 interviews all in a row, with a short break for lunch.  I've done it before, when I first got this job as an FTE, but it was a bit of a shoe in, because I had already been doing that job as a vendor for a year and a half. 

I just pray for God's will, and I pray I can calm my nerves down and really knock the interviews out of the park.

On another topic... Rosemary is done being pregnant now.  She's in quite a bit of constant nagging pain, and the only thing I asked her was that she wait until after the interviews before she tries to go into labor.  (last time she jumped on a trampoline for half an hour, and we had the kid 24 hrs later)  I just pray that she can have the stamina and mental wits to outfight her hormones, and the revelation from God that this is all to grow us and challenge us, and of course to provide us a new, loved member of our wonderful family :)


WISH ME LUCK!

Rick

1 comment:

Rosemary Ochs said...

Good luck!

May the force be with you.