Friday, February 19, 2010

Wow, what a couple of weeks. So our house deal is sort of half blocked, half not.  At first, the loan was denied to the people that are buying our house, due to the number of homeowners that are late on their dues.  So we got them more current info that shows the % of late people below 15%, which was their threshold.  BUT, apparently now that's not good enough, and they want ledger information on every single unit in the entire complex.  ugh.  So the loan officer is doing what he can now to fix all that, but we still haven't heard back that it is "fixed."

So that's in limbo, and we are slated to close next friday.  That's sort of a problem, since we really need to pack and get ready to move, but we're not sure if the deal is solid.  If that loan company does deny the loan, it'll take another week or two for the buyers to get a new loan and whatnot.


In other news, I've been job searching.  My current position has finally got the best of me, and it's time to move on.  I've been in this position for 5 1/2 years, and God blessed me with this job right out of high school, and I've had a ton of sucess here.  But alas, we've stagnated for the past year or so, and I'm just not excited about my job, or what I'm doing any more.  I want to work on something that excites me, something I can throw my energy at, where I can grow quickly and do my best work.  SO, I've been going around to different teams within Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices division, and having informational interviews, feeling the group out and seeing where I would fit best.  I've always been a gamer, and I love how technology works to create gaming environments and online play, and I'd love to work putting together the systems that bring online gaming to our customers, and I know I now have the job skills to do that, and do it well.  It looks like I'm starting to zero in on the team that would fit well for me, and it just so happens that the team in question has a job opening, my exact level, with the job description of my current skillset.  I go in for an informational interview on monday, and we decide from there if I go into the formal interview loop for that position or not.  I'm psyched, because I have been praying and fasting about getting the right job.  I had a lot of issues thinking about going to a PM position or an operations position, since they are very cut and dried, and my job up until now has been a hybrid of both of those positions.  But the position in question is also a hybrid PM/Operations guy, so it just seems to fit perfectly, which is an answer to prayer.  The perfect job, as it appears right now.  God answers prayer.  It's very evident that He has been guiding my life and blessing me- everything I do is blessed, and I can't imagine a better life.  I really can't.

No comments: