Sunday, December 20, 2009

To my unborn Child,

I am very excited to see you.  I look forward to holding you in my arms.  I know that you already know who I am, because I talk to you already, and the books tell me you know my voice by now.  Well I want to tell you, that I will be here for you.  I will protect you when you are hurt, I will hold you close when you cry.  I will play with you when you are bored, and I will raise you up to be an amazing man or woman of God.  I will teach you where you lack, and I will guide you when you go.  I will be the best father that I can be.  I will buy you a nice big house where you can live, play, sleep and learn.  I am your father, and I will try to be the father that we all wish we had.

I love you more than the stars in the sky, and I will shield you from this big scary world until it is time for you to understand it, and then I will let you grow and discover so you are prepared to face it with knowledge and confidence.  I will let you make mistakes and find out who you are.  I will let you hurt yourself, and find out what it means to get back up and try again.  You will learn to be an overcomer, as you are from a long line of overcomers.

So sleep well, little one.  Rest and grow, for we have a lot to do together.  I can't wait to get started!

Your Father

1 comment:

Kat said...

A very moving letter. I love you son.