Monday, June 29, 2009

Boots is gone. Finally. What a story...

So this cat came up to our back window a few months ago and ate some food Rosemary left out for our woodland creatures that live in the back. Well, of course, it was cat food, and so a cat came, and then decided it would stay with us. It cried at our window for hours until we let it in. It immediately plopped itself down on our laps, and slept in our bed, and generally adopted us as it's humans.

We found someone to take the cat off our hands last week, and during the ubiquitous cat transfer, which took place at church, the cat ran out of the cat carrier and into a very heavily sticker bushed area. We proceeded to search for the cat for several hours, ruining many clothes in the process. Once it got dark we gave up and went home. A few days later, we went back to were the cat was lost, and looked for a few more hours. Just as we were about to leave, Rosemary did one more walk around the property, and alas there was the cat. So, we brought the cat back home, and had it stay with us a few more days to calm down after such a traumatic experience. We decided the people should come pick the cat up at our house next attempt... and so they did, and the cat is gone.

It was fairly heart wrenching to think of the cat lost in the thick sticker bushes and near military road, because it's odds of survival or chance at a good life were pretty small (which might just be amplified by human emotion of course). It felt good when we got her back, just to know she'll have a good home and someone to call her own.

So that's the story of the cat, which I called Boots.

In other news, I took last week off from work. It was good. Rosemary is going back to work this week, so we decided to take advantage of her last full week of at home-ness, and we had a sort of stay-cation, where we visitted the EMP (right when Michael Jackson died no less), the science fiction museum, the aquarium, downtown bellevue, and so on. It was fairly entertaining, while not the most restful vacation ever due to so many plans and efforts we had going on. Rosemary did a lot of the planning and preparation for Mandy's baby shower, we had Young Adults, we lost our adopted cat, and a few other functions were going on, such as open mic night, the sound worship night, which I did not attend, and so on.

I came back to work today to find my cube almost completely full of moving boxes. There was a nice little doorway there for me to squeeze thru, and just enough room for my chair and desk. And everything on my desk was gone. I heard the snickering of my co-workers, who then informed me it was Christmas, and that I would need to open each of the boxes to find each of my items: Keyboards, my phone(which they hooked up inside a box), my mice, docking station, books, tote, nerf guns, cups, wires, etc. So that was a good laugh.

Tonight is pretty much the first night I'm not playing drums at young adults in two months. I guess not really drums, but "percussion," as I've been playing djembe solely lately. I'm borrowing an exceptional Djembe from a friend, and I've been enjoying it immensely, at the exclusion of the drumset. That seems to work out alright though, since my capabilities with a Djembe far outshadow any sort of talent I have with the drumset, much to my dissapointment.

What a weird blog post. A cat, a vacation, and a drum.

2 comments:

Rosemary Ochs said...

I had a lot of fun with you this week. Love ya tons.

Kat said...

You really are talented at Djembe.