Monday, April 20, 2009

We had a pretty great weekend. We went to the pacific science center with Judah, and he loved it. He was so excited and amped up the whole time, haha. So many buttons, colors, objects, and so on. We then tooled over to Jeremy's house to attend Sarah's birthday party, and it was nice to see everyone there. Seems like it was everyone that used to come to young adults... hah.

Well, some big changes coming for young adults. Our leaders, Mark & Lori, have decided to step down and move on. Clint and Amaryllis are stepping in, and it should be a pretty good change. Fresh perspective, new ideas, and so on. There are a few concerns around the current leadership team not wanting The Edge to be run like the youth group is run, but I think we'll get it all worked out. Clint and Amaryllis are bright people that are very respectful. So here's to the future of The Edge!

Next topic. I've got a couple days of training starting tomorrow, to get trained on some of the new features and IT related info of Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2. I'm excited, because this is the kind of thing that excites me about IT. Technology... how to deploy it, how it works, how to fix it. I've been getting exceedingly bored out of my mind at work lately because I've just been babysitting a bunch of work and overviewing bugs logged. Not very technical or interesting. I'm hoping this will be a bit of a fresh breath of air for me, and give me some good training time on some new technology that we'll haveto adopt. I just hope I'll be able to use that training in my job somehow. Sometimes I think it would be more fun to work for a smaller company and run a datacenter or lab, instead of work on incredibly complex IT applications that relegate me to "review bugs" all day long and manage schedules...

No comments: