Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wow.

So, I got this e-mail today from Forbes. 3 years ago, there was a Forbes time capsule project, where you could send yourself something in a certain amount of time. Well I wrote myself a letter, set to expire at 3 years for me to read, where it would e-mail the letter to me. So I got this letter today. And boy was it amazing.

Here is what I wrote myself:

"Dear Ricky,

I hope you are doing well. I kind of hope you are married, or on the way- because that would make me excited. :) Right now, I'm sitting in office 2217, building 109, Microsoft West campus. I make dollars an hour, and I am completely in love with God. I'm listening to the CD Hillsong United- Look to You.

I hope you don't stray from your path. I hope you don't stop writing down your dreams, passions, and goals. You have the potential to be a powerful individual- don't let that fire go.

Mandy and Daniel just started dating last week. I've been playing a little bit of battlefield 2 lately. I shared the scripture proverbs 4:20-27 at youth last wednesday. Make your path straight... Let God guide your destiny and purpose. He always has, and he will always be there. I hope I am still preaching to the choir with this one :) Without Him, there is just a God shaped hole in this heart of mine.

I'm 20 years old. I've been working at microsoft for over a year now... I am working on Account Planning 3.1, and SEF 3.7. I think I am doing great, and Minh thinks I am doing a good job too (and Minh is hard to impress).

Love you bro, see you in 3."

After reading this, Rosemary pointed out my blog from the same period (jeeze it was much more interesting back then, haha). And wow THAT was fun to read. I even have a blog post talking about the Forbes time capsule, hahaha! :) And then all of the craziness that ensued for the 2 months directly after the forbes capsule recording. Basically falling in love and deciding to get married in about an elapsed 2 week period, and then trying to keep it under wraps for the next three months and failing, because I just didn't care who knew because they couldn't stop us. Only delay us for a little while, hehe.

Then I saw the one blog post the day after we really truly fell in love with eachother. What a tear jerker!!! (dec 24th from this archive: http://rickyochs.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html )

No comments: