Monday, November 24, 2008

For those of you that don't know, there was a shooting down the street from my house, at Southcenter Mall on saturday night.

This evokes quite a bit of interesting thought in me. Especially with an Obama presidency, where the ability to protect yourself in public places will be revoked, as he has promised (ban of all concealed carrying nationwide).

I've kind of been thinking about preparedness lately. My belief system tells me that man is a flawed creature, that our nature is to sin and cause destruction. Some of the greatest minds alive today have questioned how we will indeed survive the next 100 years. Even non-Christians believe in this. Part of my recreational reading has showed me some interesting ideas that the founding fathers had about Democracy- how it is flawed, and it was only designed to work if righteous men held the positions on our congress. Well I think we've fallen far below that now, and the decline is only accelerating. Leaders who call for no accountability for their actions, and congressmen who are so good at hiding their fraudulent "gifts" from "friends" and anti-american agendas.

Well I think it's time for me and my family to start preparing a disaster kit. Our culture relies so heavily on this government provided infrastructure system set up, the vast majority of Americans would be out of food and necessities like heat, energy, clean water, and so on within a week... meaning, we would need the rescue of our government, or God forbid a different government. I bet half of the citizens wouldn't even know what to do with all the free time they would have if the entire US power grid shut down. Jeeze, no jay leno... what the heck do I do now? haha...

I would like to be able to be a safe haven for my friends and family if need be. I'd like to be prepared not just with food and water, but prepared to defend my rights- the last time a large portion of our country's infrastructure went down, cops went door to door unlawfully taking people's guns away from them... while there were armed looters on the loose. Great...

Things have changed greatly since I had a kid. I'd do anything to ensure his future is healthy and safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

barry (my boyfriend) works at the mall! right above where the shooting was! ahh!

amy