Friday, September 14, 2007

So... my bumper is all smashed up.
Was in a haircut place, you know, getting a hair cut, when someone runs in yelling "anyone have a yellow car?" and I get up, proceed outside to find a lady getting into her van. When she notices me, she starts pulling out a business card and says she was just about to put a business card on my windshield. Now I don't know if that was the truth or not, but it doesn't much matter, because I got to the scene before any of that could have played out. The front bumper is a total loss, she wore thru it in a certain section, and handily removed most of the paint off the left side of it, as well as pushing some of my left fender in. :(

So I think I'm going to take it to Queen City this time, instead that trashy central collision place I took it when it was vandalized. Queen city did a great job on the car when I was rear ended a few years ago. Central collision just didn't do a very good job. They forgot to re tint my window, my new window had a big scratch in it, which they did not fix, the window doesn't roll up and down very well, and I hear broken glass still in the door. They had an attitude of "prove we did it" when I picked up the car, so I just left it alone... wasn't worth the fight.

In other news...

Rosemary and I are going to India for a missions trip. It's confirmed, the dates are set, and we've got almost all the money for it now. We started saving in june, and here we are in middle of september having saved almost all of it. That's pretty cool. Or initial estimates told us we could have it saved for by christmas time. All I gotta say about that is, God is good. He provides. Hopefully with the savings for that tucked away in the next month, we can pay down my car in the next six months, and save oursleves 260 a month in car payments. Now THAT would be cool. Zero debt. Mmm... sounds yummy.

Man, work has been... hectic. Better than completely bored out of my mind. I've been handling a very large project, while another build engineer is out on paternity leave (one month) and the project is a complete mess. And a couple of other small projects my boss's boss wants me to handle, that I took on for better chance of getting a promotion to the next level during next year's review... we'll see how all that goes.

1 comment:

Rosemary Ochs said...

I'm so proud of you, babe. You have been handeling the situation with your car so graciously, and you are always blowing me away when you don't react in a negative way to these types of situations.

Thanks for going to India.