Monday, December 18, 2006

car was broken into... passenger window smashed, laptop stolen, all my RC car stuff was stolen. The car is at a collision center now getting repaired, and I'm doing my front window while its there, too. I've been able to keep an alright attitude about it in my opinion, especially with all the extra work its created. Driving on 405 to 167 south for 25 minutes to take my car to the shop without a window was reallllly cold, hehe. The insurance company is not going to cover the laptop or any of my RC stuff, and the deductible for the broken window is 300. So I'm out another 300, and money was already tight for me. haha. Well, people have really stepped up to help me out, and made a collection to help get me a new RC car. I won't be able to get back into it with the kinds of stuff that was stolen, but at least I'll have a car. Working on getting Microsoft to replace the laptop, as well... thats slow going so far.

some people in the RC community have offered up some stuff to help me out, as well. Thats been a real blessing. The owner of the shop said he would give me a really good deal on a new car, so thats awesome. So far, christmas is going pretty good. If my car hadn't been bashed in, I would have enjoyed the power being out quite a bit more, but hey, such is life. Apparently lots of theft was happening in the area. My neighbor mentioned she saw quite a few cars with windows bashed in, and the denny's down the street was broken into, and some other stuff people have told me about. I'm not really surprised. No power, no alarms.

I might think twice about getting an alarm for my car. When I have money, that is. :)

God bless you all, and have a great Christmas. Don't forget why we celebrate Christmas, even if the corporate greed has taken over the holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thems the pitts