Thursday, August 10, 2006

I suspect I'll be blogging a lot more in the next month...

Rosemary left for Costa Rica yesterday morning. I guess it still feels like only a couple hours ago- which is good, time seems to be passing by pretty fast.

So, on my 21st birthday, it was the last night Rosemary was in town for a month, the last night we'd get to spend with eachother for quite a while. So, naturally, we go to the marina, where we had our first (meaningful) date. We sat there and talked, like we've done on numerous other occasions. There were about a dozen or more other cars there as well, couples were everywhere. The marina is just the hangout place in des moines during the summer.

WELL, a cop pulls up behind me, parks his car, sits there for ten minutes, and then gives me a ticket for trespassing. You aren't supposed to be in the park after 10, according to a sign by the entrance. I look around at everyone else there... and get pretty frustrated. not wanting to land myself any other tickets I didn't really talk back to the cop at all, but Rosemary sure wanted to, so she asked why he didn't even ask us to leave or warn us. Great question... he mentioned the sign by the entrance, and walked off. All in all, a pretty freaking rediculous ticket, like pretty much every single one I've ever gotten. You know, its getting really hard to give the benefit of the doubt to these civil servants we pay with our tax money. Instead of keeping us safe and ridding the county of crime, they are busy giving middle income people tickets to boost their revenue, who pose no threat or danger to society. There is absolutely no accountability at all with cops, and its getting pretty rediculous in my opinion. I know that they deserve respect and their jobs can be dangerous... but not when they are busy pulling over commuters on their way to work to fine them for doing a few MPH over the limit. I mean, come on! Go find a meth lab in west seattle and bust it! I bet I could spot a dangerous looking situation in west seattle in less time than it takes to set up a speed trap. Good greif, what do we pay these people for? To ticket us? Is 10 over the speed limit in the left lane on a straight highway unsafe? I think not. And don't get me started on the insurance companies, who capitalize on the tickets massively.

So that was a *fantastic* time to get a ticket. on my birthday, on the last day I'm going to see my fiance for over a month. wonderful. And its a meaningless bogus parking ticket for 153 dollars. yay, go police, you rule.


I'm pretty sure I'll be talking about the meaning of life or something really deep in the next post. haha.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

So how do you really feel? hehe