Friday, July 07, 2006

This is an interesting tidbit.

Probably one of the smartest people on this earth right now, Stephen Hawking, posed a question on the internet. This was his question:

"How can the human race survive the next hundred years? in a world that is in chaos politically, socially, and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years?"


Yahoo has validated that it is the real stephen hawking that posed the question.

I think its a very valid question- and I'm loving some of the answers. He already has 15,000 answers, and he posted the question 3 days ago.

I'm along the same beliefs as Stephen Hawking concerning our ability to sustain ourselves over the next 100 years. I think it will be near impossible. Our reasoning is slightly different though- he attributes most of it to environmental issues and political issues. When I think about how we are going to survive, I think more on the social side of things- morals, values, ethics. Without those things, we will turn into an anarchist kind of world, and it wouldn't surprise me at all. Call me a pessimist if you want, and some people do, but I just don't see how its possible to really go past 100 years or so. Lots of people have high hopes and faith in our race- but, when we stop lying to ourselves and look at humans, we're all sinners, we all suck at life. Look at the national debt averages. 12,000 in credit card debt per person. The most un-churched generation in the history of man-kind (all around the WORLD).

here is the link to Dr. Hawking's post.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=AtjblpXOSMXPaKrJ2N9lui8jzKIX?qid=20060704195516AAnrdOD

Please, comment if you like- I would love to see what everyone has to say about this.

No comments: