Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm ENGAGED!

Wow... Just wow. Most amazing, wonderful, beautiful, silly girl in the world. It's pretty exciting, having such a monumental next step in my life.

A lot of people are fairly worried about it- the fact that we're so young, or that its only been 4 months of real dating.

You know, it sure doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes people just know, without a doubt, that they are the one, and that they want to spend the rest of their lives with eachother. I really feel like that is the case here. I mean, you hear the stories sometimes of people that get married after 3 weeks and live happily ever after, with a fantastic marriage. Sometimes it happens, and its rare.

You know, the odds may be against us, but God is with us. I mean, every single aunt and/or uncle I've had has been in divorce! On BOTH my mom's side, AND dad's side! Thats NUTS! Something like a 90%+ divorce rate in my family. I know how hard this is going to be- but you know what? I'm not going to get a divorce. This curse, on this nation, and maybe even in my family, will not live in my life. Its just not going to happen. I won't let it- I've seen it ruin too many lives, and I am determined to live a different life, one that God has called me to live, where divorce doesn't exist. I'm not worried about it, to be honest. I've got confidence in my relationship, in my integrity, my ability to submit to God.

What does suck though is how much it costs! My goodness. and I thought money was tight when I put everything towards a condo... boy was I wrong! Pretty things are expensive! and of course you want pretty things at your wedding. Sposed to be one of the best days of your life!

I wonder if anyone really reads this thing any more. :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

i'm still here reading

Ricky said...

yay!

Kat said...

I read your blog!!

And, you know, sure the "odds" are against you, but remember the scripture that says "If God is for us, who can be against us."

Odds are something meant to be smashed into smithereens. As long as you BOTH keep Jesus first in your lives and hearts, the rest will follow. Sure you'll have challenges. Sure you'll see some rough spots. But they all work together, with the Lord, to help you grow and become the husband, father, and man of God you were created to be.

I love you.

Mom