Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Passion will flow thick from you, and will change everyone around you. And it will not be a moment of change, but a lifetime of change. Your passion will activate other peoples long lost passions, and it will stir them up. Everyone around you will be touched by your passion, like a vine that grows into everyones lives and grabs a hold of their hearts and fills them with the fruit of God.


I can wether the storms that will come my way. Your peace will fill my heart and your joy will light my smile.

What I'm missing is my private place. I need to find it. Since I moved, I lost it, and I've lost the peace that comes with it. At my old house, I had many of my secret places. I found my solitude, my peace, my strengh, and God showed me his beauty in these places.

I think I just needed a bit of a reminder to keep myself holy for God, and sanctified by his glory, and not tainting myself with TV & movies. Thats not so big of a deal to me, and I can do that, I've done it all my life. I just had to get reminded that the kind of time you invest in something is the kind of fruit you get out of it. Investing time in a TV is fruitless- but investing time in the word of God and myself bears much fruit. Not that I ever really watched much TV, but I did start to watch one show, once a week. That'll stop! I wonder why I even started!

It makes me really sad when I see my parents devoting hours every day to the cable box. My mom has so much talent that goes untapped in the songwriting area. I go back and read e-mails from her when she had her visions of Pure Heart, and it almost crushes me. I want to renew that passion in her- I want it to flow thick and pour out of her and bless the nations with it. And my dad, his passion for the children. Hes got it. The children love him. That is such a special gift.

I am not judging my parents. I am wanting to fire them up. I want to rebuke them, as the bible tells us to.
Psalm 39:11 You rebuke and discipline men for their sin; you consume their wealth like a moth— each man is but a breath.
But a breath. Each man is but a breath. We live too short not to rebuke eachother and challenge eachother to be better christians. I want to bear much fruit, and I want my family to as well- for if you trust in God for your rest and peace, he will give you riches according to his glory, but if you seek it for yourself you will be lost among men of this world.

On the other side of a rebuke- it commands us to take rebuke and consider it:
Psalm 141:5 Let a righteous man strike me—it is a kindness; let him rebuke me—it is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it. Yet my prayer is ever against the deeds of evildoers;

And it talks about how God blesses those that listen to rebukes:
Proverbs 1:23 If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you.


I encourage people to rebuke those around you. Why? Because its called Accountability. Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you, rebuke a wise man and he will love you. Prov. 9:8. He who listenes to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. Prov. 15:31

Proverbs talks alot about rebuking, and its got some great things to say. So I encourage everyone around me to be better christians. Why? Because when you get to heaven, you will be known by your heart, and you have riches waiting for you according to your deeds here on earth.

My heart aches for those around me, and it is not judgement I incur, but encouragement of being the best servant of Christ you can be. I want to get every drop of life out of my time here, and I want you guys to get all of it too. God will give you all of your hearts desires if you seek after him, and he will dine with you in the darkest of hours if you cry to him. There is a savior, and he loves you more than you can possibly imagine. He wants to spend every minute of every day with you, and he wants to hug you and talk to you. He thinks about you more than anyone on earth, and he cries for you. He gave his life for you.
My heart cries for his touch on your lives and on mine.

No comments: