Monday, October 03, 2005

This is kind of a followup on the last blog.

We had the ReFuel conference the few days after I wrote that blog, and it really drove home exactly what I was looking for. There was some extremely annointed people preaching, and I felt really honored to be able to listen to their ideas of how we need to seek after God in our lives. Each one of the three guest speakers had something amazing to say, in their own way- but it all built towards the same end.

So in my last blog, I mentioned how to get so close to God that he dines with you- this is a scriptural text, and it talks about how God will dine with you as friends do when you draw near to him.

Well, in my seeking, I've found more scripture (I don't have my bible here with me right now, so I can't qoute exactly) that talks about being God's children. I think thats a strong topic- We are God's children. In order to understand that fully, I've got to look at how a father-child relationship works. Fathers look out for their children, and love their children with a fierce passion. All you want when you are a father is for your children to love you, and to be protected. Well, God wants us to love him fiercely. He wants us. He pursues us. He also has to lead and guide us, because we are mere children on this earth. We are not old enough, even the old people, to know how to make Godly decisions, so we need to look to our Dad, and ask. When we do something wrong, he doesnt hate us or shun us- he longs to hold us and pick us up and take care of us, but often it is US who run from HIM.


Imagine a 2 year old kid that did something wrong. You hug him and love him, and explain to him why that was wrong and what to do. Mistakes don't change the relationship. Actively pursuing something else will, though. I mean, when you were 2 years old, did you ever have a nightmare and come to your dad or mom and ask to sleep in their bed? Thats what a child does with a parent. Thats the relationship we need to pursue with Christ.

He wants us to pursue him so much. Imagine loving someone beyond comprehension and seeing them make mistakes and turn away time and time again, all while ignoring you, while you wait for them. I don't doubt that he cries over us, watches us in our sleep, gets excited when we discover something or create something. He LOVES us- a REAL love! A love that cannot be found on Earth. He even gives us things we want, he wants us to be happy, he wants us to have fun- just like if you had a son or daughter. When they are laughing and having fun, it brings joy to your heart.

He just wants to have a Father-Child relationship with you. He wants to be your source, your father, your friend, your love. If only we would pursue him like a Father we have never had on Earth. If only we knew how much we really need that. If only we knew nothing else could take the place of Him. Not drugs, games, people, sex, drinks, anything. God made us so only one thing will truly satisfy our hearts. He did that on purpose, so we would need him.

I've been listening to the online recordings of Pastor Judah Smith's preaching, and I'll tell you now, its quite amazing stuff. He challenges you to live a lifestyle to be proud of, to be a person you'd want to be, and he tells you how to do it while still being human. He tells you how to have fun while being a christian, how to be effective, faithful, loving, caring, patient. Everything. I would recommend checking it out and listening to a few- it almost doesnt matter which one, every topic he speaks on is very important in the lives of people today.

On a less serious note, I curbed one of my rims today :( I'm kind of dissapointed with myself. I've never curbed a rim before. I was pretty tired, and I was about a quarter inch off on a judgement call with this curb, while trying to stay out of the way of people crossing the street. :/ oh well. We'll see how I can fix it.

No comments: