Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hahahaha! I just read my "bio" on my profile here on blogspot. Take a look:

I am Ricky Ochs, an 18 year old male living in a small town south of Seattle. I love computer technology, music, and God, and am trying everything I can to get my dream job- a network position at Microsoft. I am going to start attending Bellevue Community College here soon.


Wow! Talk about setting goals.

Work has been extremely busy/stressful lately, but I've made a very strong point to get off in time to attend to all my church gatherings/practices/events. Every wednesday night we have NXG church, which is youth/college age. Well the youth are gone to Oregon this week, so it was all older people. The focus was on ridding our lives of things that come in between God and us, specifically being able to enter in to God's presence only when the worship is good or when the preaching is good. Scott had some great points.

Well, we did an acoustic worship. It was some light drumset, Brenda on piano, Natalie on acoustic guitar, a couple of singers, and me on Djembe. It was absolutely amazing... after the second song, Brenda went into a prohetic song, and it just fit... I kept playing, and it felt so special to be apart of something so beautiful. Brenda stopped playing, and we all just worshipped God to the commanding authority of the Djembe echoing off the walls of our church, and we sought God.

I want that every day of my life. I think I want a Djembe for mah b-day, just because it can be such a powerful tool in the right hands. I made a few personal decisions while I was playing that night, in an effort to get closer to God. I told myself I'd cut a few choice things out of my life that did not have Godly fruit in them. I plan on sticking to that, because God loves me more than anything in this world does, and thats what matters.

After we stopped playing my hands were cracking and almost bleeding though. I need to develop some calus... I usually only play every other week though, so its not enough for calus. Its ok, I'm playing the ENTIRE month of August so I should be able to get some, so it'll be easier. Especially if I do pick up a Djembe.

In other news, my car smells like cat pee. Yeah... I was moving my cat Jubei over to my new house, and he got sooo scared when I put him in the car that he peed all over me and my car seat.

And then I get in, and he runs out... fruitless pee.

I did manage to get him over there, with the help of my ingenious mom. But they just sit in my room all day waiting for me to come home. They are wonderful boys, and I enjoy their loving personalities. :)


So, life is OK. But right now I'm trying to give everything I've got to God... Why? Why not. He is my savior, my love, my God. he deserves my all and more than I can give, and so I will give it. People mention how they get burned out from doing things, like work, or volunteering too much. Well, can you get burned out on something you love? I've never gotten burned out on computers/technology, because my entire heart and mind is in it. I believe we should be able to approach God the same way. and I plan on finding out the answer to that question. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jubei :( I bet your cats get lonely waiting for you to come home all day. Maybe you should give them to me?
<3Amy

Ricky said...

I love my boys. I don't think I'd ever give them away, they are both so loving.