Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sometimes, usually during some awful hour of the early morning, but before a sunrise (I think God made these to bring Hope to people who struggle in the wee hours), I think to myself, how I wish someone was there for me. How many countless times have I consoled people? Jobs, relationships, feelings, depression, addiction... I've talked people through it all, it seems. I love encouraging and empowering people. Yet when this stuff hits the fan in my life, I get a bunch of...

nothing.



and thats where I bide my time. The hours before sunrise... with nothing. Its so firmiliar to me now, from the countless years of this stuff, that it almost comforts me in its silence. Its one of the few things I feel is a rock solid absolute, when there is none. No matter what, I'll be alone.

Maybe someday, it'll be different...
I'll leave that to God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You aren't alone, Ricky. If anything, you surely have me.

Anonymous said...

He hears you. :)