Sunday, May 01, 2005

I thought this morning's sermon on Love was very good... Love is such a huge part of my life, I thought I'd share so we can all keep this in mind during our day. I feel love is putting someone else above yourself, their well being and life above yours.

Myths about love:
Love is a feeling.
Love is uncontrollable.
You can fall out of love. (love is a choice, not a feeling like hot or cold)

What God says love is:
Love is a choice. (Put "on" love, like a robe)
Love is an action.

Accept others unconditionally.
Commit yourself personally. (love is nothing without action, or commitment)
Encourage others continuously. 1 Thess. 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Use the gifts God gave you to serve people cheerfully.
Forgive others freely. Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
Share Christ. (the most loving thing you can do is share eternal salvation)
Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

I want to love God as best I can. I want to seek a new level of relationship with him. I commit myself to him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the big myth is that we humans can love properly without a huge infusion of God's love.

Anonymous said...

I think, God is the only one that knows how to love. To know love is to know God. No human can really know love the way God made it- but the closer you get to God, the more you know about real love.