Thursday, April 28, 2005

Things always get better.

I got my car back today. I'm thankful I'm not driving that piece of crap Bonneville anymore. She looks good, a couple millimeters off on the bumper alignment, but the paint matches pretty well. Maybe a shade off in certain light, but then so is the front bumper (its a different plastic material than the metal body.)

And, I got a fatty raise at work. Quite fatty. I bend over backwards for these guys a lot, so I guess I deserve it.

The last few days have been absolutely horrible, dealing with insurance companies, some really ugly stuff at work, and with my raise situation (had to fight with them because they forgot to put it in, then they accidentally gave me a decrease in money, and then they got it right... after a few months.) And the insurance company finally succumbed to the body shop to get it fixed. That sucked hardcore too, but its finally done.

Now I get to put in my new fog light covers, side markers, extra center cap, STi badge, etc. it should make the car really work well. And I have my new downpipe ready to install here soon, should net me another 15 horsepower... and then another 30 with the chip. woot, should be at about 280hp by then, kickin tail, about as fast as an STi, and with good looks.

So, I haveto work late again tonight. But I don't feel any remorse over it- I'm getting paid far more than I would have ever imagined possible for someone not even out of their teens, and my work really works with my personality.

My mom mentioned she wanted to talk to me, and I got the impression it was about something somewhat serious... I'm almost filled with dread talking to her, because I feel like she'll call me on something or other that I don't know about. And I don't want to feel really guilty right now... Such is life, I guess. You need the people around you to keep you pointed in the right direction. I think I'm doing alright, though. I think...

Time to start saving for a house... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what did your mom ever talk to you about?

Kat said...

About all the possibilities in front of him.

Anonymous said...

hey ricky, you're lucky your mum talks to you about things like that. My mum barely looks at me anymore. Remember you're lucky.