Monday, February 28, 2005

I ended up goin to Ocean Shores with Mike for the weekend.
I'll write about it here, so its an optional read, as it seems no one cares what actually happened while we were down there. :)


So, we drove there... there was a very long, empty highway, and it was too tempting to pass up, so I hit third gear and got her up to 90 easy, and we hit 100 in 4th gear, then slowed down. It was quite exhilirating...
We got there, looked around for a place to stay for an hour or two, after being told that every hotel in the entire town is full for the night. We stopped at a log cabin motel... it was really dark, and kind of in the woods. The words "Office" were painted on the side of a house... I walked up to knock on the door, but the entire place was unlit, and it just felt creepy, like the kind of motel you see in a movie where weird things happen. I promptly got back in the car, and we drove down the road a bit longer, and found a better lit motel, that looked a little better. We got the room for only 40 bucks (it was only worth that, trust me..)

After we got the room, we went bowling. We did a couple of games, and then signed up for Rock 'n bowl. Mike promptly owned me, and that was that. It was fun at least. Kind of insightful to think about all the bowling things I havent thought about since I was 10 yrs old. I didn't do too bad, for it being 9 years later.. I suppose. about 8 or 9 strikes total.. eh.
Anyways, back to the story. We go back to the beach in the WRX, and pull some wicked donuts. Get that sucker in first gear, crank the wheel over, and just do a circle, and then stomp on the gas. The car looses all traction all at once, and you go sliding in circles of about 40 or 50 feet. Let off the gass, and you slide to a complete stop about 20 feet away. After a few of those, and almost getting stuck in a really deep sand bank, I tried one backwards, and tried a james bond, where you do a donut in reverse then straighten out and go forward. I forgot to go forward though. :) Going backwards and sliding at the same time is scary enough, though.

Mike and I sat looking at the waves lap against the beach for an hour or two, with our brights on... and looking at the stars (and all the other big SUVs on the beach, most likely with people making out/doing other stuff in the really dark area)

We went back to the hotel after picking up some stuff at the ONLY place that was open that late. We fell asleep, and we were woken up at about 7 am by about 3 or 4 people in the other room screaming at eachother. That continued for over 3 hours. We checked out of our room at 10:30ish and had some pretty decent breakfast... and went back to the beach. People were everywhere... so we drive about 3 or 4 miles down the beach, passing everyone up. Then, we see a cheap kia SUV try a donut, and we decide to show off. I crank the wheel and do about 4 or 5 tractionless donuts. I see a jeep about a quarter mile away booking towards us, and I start heading towards the beach exit... and the jeep turns on his lights, and pulls us over. The cop told us that we were lucky he didnt take us in for a criminal citation... (I was thinking, What the heck? Put us in jail and fingerprint us for doing a donut?) But he did give me "negligent driving to the 2nd degree" and slap a 534 dollar fine on me. For doing a donut. OMGWTFBBQ...
funny thing is, if you drive on the beach, every few feet, you see big donut tracks. sigh...
So I got all down, and we just drove home. Luckily no one really tried to race us on the way back, except for a freaking old gutless kia... (on the way over about 3 people tried to race us).

got home, watched I-robot, then mike and I were both in pretty down moods, so he just left...

to make it better, it sounds like mandy and ben are getting a real divorce, and I get a really sad e-mail that I don't know what to do with...

and to top it all off, I worked a 60 hour week, which people tell me "screws with your emotions."
I thought the vacation would HELP!!

someone told me I need to stop trying to help others, and just worry about myself. problem is, its part of who I am to try and help those I love. But, I'm not qualified, or people don't listen, or whatever the reason, it doesnt work... and it just ends up hurting me more, because I take more burden from people.
I don't know what to do anymore.

2 comments:

Ricky said...

you will find this funny if you play WoW.

http://www.macabre.pixieg33k.com/wow.gif

Anonymous said...

Icky, just don't forget that sometimes the best things for people are the hardest things to deal with. You can help, but don't lose your worth in the process. I believe sometimes the biggest help is just a listening ear...
~Ash