Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Today I am off to Lindmark Mills to configure an NT4 network with a new proxy configuration.
Instead of a cheap dialup proxy, I'm going to set up a router configuration with DHCP for the network. I'm going to haveto tear down all of the static routes. ugh.
We also have three new client machines on their way.
I might haveto reconstruct all of the employee's personal links to the NT4 server if the paths are different, but DNS should still work over the workgroup and prevent that from happening.
It is kind of nice, being free of the oppression of retail work. Now I am gearing up for a real job that I have been learning for all my life.
With lindmark and OSC both paying me this summer it should be enough cash to cover the bases while still giving me enough time to look for my dream job and gear up for college.
Yay.
I wish there was an easy way to do all of this work.

No comments: